Want to volunteer? Find a good match.
Past and Current Training Resources
- Archived Resources from Eviction Prevention Training for Lawyers, May 1, 2020 CLE recording, presented by Larry McDonough. This program covered COVID-19 eviction moratoria, rules, exceptions as well as general eviction defenses and procedures. Link to the recording, available via GoToWebinar (CLE credit is not available for rewatching): https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/2718026135828423174. You can find updated slides here and an eviction answer form here (free ProJusticeMN membership required - sign up at "Join Us" link in upper right corner - available for lawyers, paralegals, law students).
- Eviction Defense Manual - authored and updated by Larry McDonough; available at: http://povertylaw.homestead.com/ResidentialUnlawfulDetainer.html
- Wondering about how RentHelpMN.org works and how it can help clients who owe back rent avoid eviction? Watch this August 12 training recording from Housing Justice Center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKof-MoNYYU
- National Low Income Housing Coalition Website Used to determine if a landlord is covered by the CARES Act. At the bottom of the website there are also links to check Frannie Mae and Freddie Mac mortgage backed properties of more than four units.
- VLN Eviction Moratorium Housing Practice Tip